Thursday, June 20, 2013

Admittedly my family eat at fast food. :O( My husband is a midwest guy who loves fast food, soda, snack cakes, meat and potatoes. I recently attended a seminar on food, which certainly has my stomach turning.  Although I did extensive research to find out which restaurants have items not containing the ingredients we avoid (see superman diet post 06/19/13), those ingredient lists do not tell you where the meat comes from or that the fry oil often has BHT to extend the useful life of it, or anything else useful in determining where you might eat outside of your home. Then to find out what China is allowed to do to the pieces parts that they are allowed to export (even though their practices prevent them from sending whole product) was revolting!  No amount of Zija can save you from putting that poison in your body!

So, that said, fast food is another item on the list to abolish from our family routine this summer!

Remember, making these changes all at once will shock your system! It will be overwhelming, which will make it difficult to do and you WILL give up. It is like the tale of the tortoise and the hare - slow and steady wins the race (I am a librarian, I will reference books frequently). I have been doing this research and implementing these practices in our lives for two years! And, obviously I still don't have all the information, for God's sake I still feed my family fast food!

So, how do you implement change in your life? Start with the things that are tickling your brain. If you think you can handle removing all the artificial and your heart is tugging at you to do so, start there. Or, maybe you are an instant gratification kind of person, start with Zija, then keep coming back to Less Artificial to see what tickles your fancy next. One of the most awesome thing about Zija is it allows me to hear my body speaking to me. Literally! I can finally hear when my body needs sustenance, when it is full, when I am thirsty-not hungry. I can hear it asking for fruit and vegetables. Okay, here are two examples of listening to what a body is asking for... You know that kids on the playground who eats sand? He instinctually knows that he can replace the iron and zinc he is lacking by consuming it. Or, the pregnant lady who eats cigarette ashes? Somehow her body knows it can boost iron levels. Our bodies tell us everything it needs, we just need to be able to listen.

Please email me with questions! I truly want to be your partner in converting to a more natural life!

No comments:

Post a Comment