Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Raw is best, BUT hard to find

Okay, if you haven't noticed, I do A LOT of research! My nine year old son suffers from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) along with some sensory issues. He has already had so many obstacles in his few years.

I recently I had heard about the benefits of eating raw (unpasteurized) foods. What I found made me realize the urgency to get on it now! No problem, I thought, we'll start right away.

So, I did a bunch more research on buying raw food only to discover it is nearly illegal to do so! Found some raw milk at Sprout's (SoCal). It tasted great! But, it is break the bank expensive and it goes off super quick. Did not find the raw cheese I thought I would there. And, haven't. Okay, so that was a bust. Maybe for the better...

Come to find out, that a product can be labeled RAW if low temperature pasteurized! Especially nuts. So, do your homework before you buy! 

I have since done yet more homework of my own to conclude that a milk free diet may serve attention deficit even better. Although we have been to an allergist that refused to test for dairy or gluten intolerance because my son was not having any gastrointestinal issues, there could easily be a problem here. So, our next trial - since Zija worked out SO WONDERFULLY - is non-dairy beverages/foods. We'll see how it goes and keep you in the loop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment