Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Give Credit To Big Health

I have recently started posting food and product items to avoid with you.  I will eventually be sharing about 100 products to either avoid, use sparingly-if at all, with the rest to use in every day moderation.  I am putting them out slowly and in priority so as to not overwhelm.  And, even though I have been following many of the suggestions on the Items To Completely Avoid list before knowing about this list, I did not do the research to compile this list and wanted to make sure I give due credit to the author Dr. Russ Bianchi.  He is an expert in food on a cellular level and totally speaks a language I can understand and love to listen to!  He publishes the Uncle Russ blog (which I follow and you absolutely should also!  Sign up for his RSS feed to receive his amazing nuggets of wisdom in  your email box every morning.)  He is also the formulator of numerous products you have been consuming for the past 30+ years and Zija.

Here are the Items to Eliminate for this week:
  • Fast food (if it‟s fast, or low cost, it‟s typically not nutritious and has empty calories) - You know it is true!  However, I am not saying go cold turkey!  Start with not buying combos!  Do NOT get the soda.  Cut $1 or more from every fast meal by asking for a cup of water (I always drink tap anyway), if the cup is small ask for two or three!  Don't be embarrassed to stand up for your health!  Then, instead of not buying fast food at all, start by researching better option fast food restaurants in your area.  Then progress to grocery store deli counters (being choosy of course), moving up the healthier fast food options chain.  With the goal of always taking lunch and making dinner options easy!  Crock pots, stoves with timers and homemade freezer dinners that you can throw in the oven (toaster or full size NOT microwave) make this easy.
  • Microwavable food (alters the molecular content and nutrition of heated food or liquids) - It is not only about what you microwave in, just the act of cooking/heating your food in a microwave changes it!  Our modern day food is already lacking drastically in comparison to its vintage cousins (food today is not the same as it once was 50 years ago!!!) don't chance microwaving it too!  I am so close to eliminating microwaving all together!


If you are ready to jump in with both feet, you should also visit Uncle Russ' website RussBianchi.com to see the full list.  Just scroll down the page, it is the second button on the right named "Items to Stay Away From".  I will continue to post partials of the list to work on, on a weekly basis.

It truly is as simple as doing a little bit of research on each of the few items I post each week to find out what the best replacement to you in your area is and where to buy it.  I hope that my replacement options have been helpful so far.  Together, we can help each other live Less Artificial!

Email me with questions at nina@xchangeables.com.  I want to be your partner in health!  Here are links to the products I order monthly in my quest to be Less Artificial...
Zija
Melaleuca

No comments:

Post a Comment